Friday, August 28, 2009

Weekend Goings-On!

Finally, after a LONG week, it's here! It's the weekend and it's time to do something we often forget to do: ENJOY THE MOMENT. I'm excited about my laid back weekend plans. First off I'm heading to Pepper Place Market here in Birmingham to grab some pretty things, fresh fruits and veggies, enjoy some local artists and musicians, and just take pleasure in a Saturday morning outside. No sleeping in for me! To get the good stuff, you better be there when things kick off at 7AM!

If you've never been to or don't know much about the Pepper Place Market, hears what Southern Living had to say about it..."The Pepper Place Saturday Market abounds with wonders that awaken the senses, such as feeling the soft fuzz and smelling the sweet aroma of a Chilton County Peach before taking the first bite."-SL. Now doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? All the while, your mouth is watering? Doesn't that just sound like one of those "ENJOY THE MOMENT" moments? For more information on the market, you can go to their website- www.pepperplacemarket.com.
I'm also hoping to find some good subjects for a little photography with our new (I guess it's not really so new anymore) camera. I'm contemplating starting an Etsy store for my photography, but I'm trying to expand my portfolio first.

After the market, I'm heading to the small town of Oneonta for some fabric shopping with a friend at B & B Fabric Outlet. They've got some really beautiful stuff at great discounts! I've become obsessed with finding fabric to make new curtains for our living room. I'm hoping to find something similar to these from www.westelm.com.
After those small adventures, I'll be enjoying a nice margarita with girlfriends Saturday and hopefully a Sunday full of sewing! Hope you find some time to enjoy the moment this weekend. Do something original, do something local, do nothing at all. Either way, enjoy it!










2 comments: