Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ah, Summer....


...What power you have to make us suffer and like it. -Russel Baker. If you've ever spent any amount of time in the South during the three months known both as heaven and hell- especially in the whereabouts of Alabama or Mississippi- you understand this quote all too well. It's a time of melted make-up, sunburned shoulders, and luke warm beer. But, for me, it's also a reminder of how beautiful the world around us can be. That being said, I'd like to leave you with some images from my beautiful summer so far....

"Earth laughs in flowers."-Emerson



A SummerTime Bride. Taken at Scott and Jaclyn Collum's wedding at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens.





"A garden is to be a world unto itself..."- William Kent

So there is my sweet, Southern summer thus far. It feels like it's been summer for months now, but apparently it's been only a week or so. I can't wait to spend every moment I can enjoying it's gifts. Happy Summer to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment